Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Portobello Road

Shmortoshmello Shmoad am I right?! 



WRONG. 

I know, I know, living in london for 3 months already and this weekend was my first trip to Portobello? Shame on me!

However, journeying to Portobello with my mom who was visiting was far more enjoyable than any other company I could have gone with.
Going in with the inclination that all I would see were antiques upon antiques with some gourmet food that I don't have a kitchen (or skills) to cook was not the right mindset. The tables were overflowing with vintage (and knockoff) jewelry, leather goods, records, paintings, fur, etc. and I loved every minute of it.
Many of the vendors did not appreciate photographs being taken of their booths, but I managed to find some nice people who didn't seem to mind (or notice..).



While I may have fallen in love with more than one impractical pair of vintage clip-on earrings, I came away with a Firkin (faux-Birkin) bag, which was victory enough for me!

I will cherish you as my firstborn child.

My mom faired even better than I did and came away with a matching Firkin (hers is red) and a gorgeous white and silver bangle to add to her already expansive "arm party"(credit to ManRepeller)

My mom, the hand model
Aside from the MAYJUH jewelry presence, the live entertainment is not to be forgotten. Not only do street performers usually sound better when you are in a market such as Portobello, but they are also 1. British, 2. exceedingly attractive, although those two points seem to go hand-in-hand, right?

pulling off the between-the-legs drum FLAWLESSLY
Now, I would take this time to analyze the different aspects that differentiate Camden Market and Portobello, but in all honesty, I am far too busy making an escape route in preparation for election results tonight.

MovingToLondon2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment