Monday, November 12, 2012

Are Skorts Still a Thing?

God, I hope not.
Catching up on my trends on Vogue.com after a few weeks of slacking was a jarring experience. How, after enjoying myself for a mere 2 weeks, did such a revolution of Skorts come back?!
Granted, these styles were shown in the A/W '12 shows, which took place this past Spring, but like many runway looks, I never thought they would translate into the real world!
According to Vogue.com, however, these "skirt trousers" have "grown up and got sophisticated". Some of these looks are too reminiscent of when I was in 8th grade and just discovered leggings, and thought that they looked FAB with a jean skirt and flip flops. Oh, the horror.

Giambattista Valli, Source

Marc Jacobs. Source



















Louis Vuitton, Source







Although this look is lightyears better than the skorts I remember, I am still quite quite dubious as to who would purchase an ensemble such as this from Louis Vuitton? Also, what occasion yields a skort ensemble? Does the invitation to a tennis match read, "Dress Skorty-Casual?"






This was just a perplexing way to begin my Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment