Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back At It

So, it's been a minute, huh?


Once again, the last few posts have been me apologizing for my amazing lack of care given to this baby that has been this blog for the last year and a half (or so...maybe two years?! More?! Math isn't my strong suit, neither is admitting I'm getting old). 

But after having a multitude of quarter-life crises (my favorite phrase now-a-days (a rhyme...should I just quit this and write slam poetry?)) I have come to the conclusion that having something stable like being able to write here will give me some clarity in the next few months of extraordinary change. 

I'm a college senior, and while I do many things other than that, (shameless LinkedIn plug...hire me?), college senior is the persona I choose to identify with exclusively as it is my most fleeting of personas and I have to milk it while I can. 

I expected when announcing this persona in introductions or casual conversation to be met with the same sort of idealistic comments made when I was a high school senior back in the day. 

"Oh you'll love college, just wait" etc. 

Instead, I am met with "Oh god, I'm (insert age over 25) and I still am having withdrawals from college""Best years of my life" "All downhill from here!" 

And everyone's favorite of all:

"So...what are you going to do after?"

To be honest, I'm not sure, and there have been so many whiney articles out there about the unknown and the future and how it inherently stresses everybody out. While I agree with those sentiments, I have gotten to the point where I am just so overly stressed that I have had a calm wash over me; as if I have just been given laughing gas by the dentist. Although this should probably send off some alarm bells, I am instead relieved that I have some relief from this tireless game of "Who's going to get a job first/where/when" and I am just going to do what makes me happy. 

Which brings me back here! 

After months of leaving this poor URL all by its lonesome, I am back for some weekly (maybe more, maybe less...commitment issues, ya know) posts! Gear up for some of the same outfit posts and general (mostly fashion-based but you never know) observations, as well as some new stuff coming up!

To catch you up here are some of the Instagrams I had intended to make posts over the last few months, but only got as far as a caption before my undiagnosed ADD kicked in...enjoy! 

(Shameless plug #2, follow me on Instagram here!)





BYE!

Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment