Monday, July 8, 2013

Half-Tuck Won't Cost a Buck

In a cash rut? Spent all your money on leather pants in June? (just me?) An easy (and free) way to spice up your wardrobe is simply wearing the clothes you have in a new way; my favorite: the half-tuck.

source
source
source



I was thinking about writing a post like this for a while considering that I rock the half-tuck (sometimes quarter tuck...is that a thing?) on an almost daily basis. However, it put a little fire under my hiney when I saw one of my favorite bloggers, Amanda from Advice From a Twenty Something, wrote basically a tell-all tutorial about tucking.
















Rather than go for the full-on tuck that if you're not careful, can be reminiscent of a substitute teacher or a kid on their way to school seconds from untucking what their parent had just mercilessly tucked in.


source
Samantha of Could I Have That?





















The half-tuck is an elegant and chic way to add structure to an outfit with an oversize component. Whether it is an oversized chunky knit juxtaposed with a miniskirt, a sleeveless button-down with some skinny jeans, or a classic men's Hanes white T and some ever-present denim cut-offs.

How I've rocked the half-tuck semi-recently:



Follow me on Bloglovin', Instagram, and Twitter!

39 comments:

  1. I am a firm believer in the half tuck! It's rare if I don't half tuck my shirt - so definitely a great option to switch up your look...in my opinion:)

    Shannon
    clothesandquotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Untucked looks messy and fully tucked is just too put-together, a total happy medium :)
      xo Meg

      Delete
  2. I don't know, half tuck doesn't look the greatest on me... I don't like accentuating my stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try a side-tuck! I think it draws the eye to the side and minimizes your stomach!

      Delete
  3. I think I've actually tried this one on accident a few times, but it looks adorable when done purposefully! :) Great post!

    http://veggiesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds like the best kind of accident!
      xo
      Meg

      Delete
  4. Love this! I always try it, but doesnt not work that well with me :S
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it doesn't work for some, but you will find a way!!
      xo Meg

      Delete
  5. Yes half-tucked is better than full-tucked. Looks more casually tucked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I love the photo of you rocking the half-tuck with your pink blazer, very chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pink blazer and skirt in the first photo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I know that skirt is to die for!
      xo Meg

      Delete
  8. I seldom do this, but I just realized that it's pretty cool (and chic)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try this! Never did this before but it looks cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahhahaha you were right....half tuck style reminds me when I was still in school trying to fool the teacher...apparently they cannot be fooled

    ReplyDelete
  11. what great outfits, what great styles. The pink on pink ones are my favorite...I want to go shopping now.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much always want to shop...not good!! Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  12. i dig the half tuck,lol. have been doing it foreva!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i try this, and now im in love with half tuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too sweet and that doesn't sound stupid at all!! So glad I could help! Thank you so much for stopping by!!
    xo Meg

    ReplyDelete